Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading is authored by Dr. Alexander Elder. Alexander Elder is a professional trader and trading educator. He has a number of available trading publications, including Trading for a Living, Entries & Exits: Visits to 16 Trading Rooms and The New Sell & Sell Short: How to Take Profits, Cut Losses, and Benefit from Price Declines.
Come Into My Trading Room is published by Wiley Trading and is one of the best-selling trading books available. The book covers a number of aspects of trading and provides some extremely useful insights into profitable trading. Come Into My Trading Room is one of the first trading books that I ever read and is one of my all-time favourites.
Below are some of the things I like about Come Into My Trading Room...
- The 3 M's of successful trading. The pinnacle teaching and most known section of the book is the 3 M's of successful trading. The 3 M's being Mind (The Disciplined Trader), Method (Technical Analysis) and Money Management. The book goes into great detail about each of the M's and instructs how each is essential to profitable trading.
- It encourages you to be organised. Another section that is of great benefit to wannabe profitable traders is The Organised Trader. In this section, Alexander Elder teaches about spread sheets, action plans and diaries that traders should keep. From my experience, these aspects of trading are usually neglected. I am glad that Come Into My Trading Room has emphasis on this part of trading.
- It's written by a professional. Dr. Alexander Elder is a well-known trader and was previously a psychiatrist. His experience and knowledge enables him to write books that are hugely insightful and beneficial to traders.
- It's very well-written and well-presented. The book contains numerous stories, illustrations, tables, charts and is well-written. The book is a great read.
Below is my only dislike about Come Into My Trading Room...
- It's stock trading focused. Although all the principles and teachings in the book are universal (are applicable to Forex, futures, stocks, options, etc.), Come Into My Trading Room does focus on trading stocks. Being a currency trader and analyst, I always prefer publications that have emphasis on markets that I trade. Please remember that this is a real criticism - I really had to be picky to find a fault in this book.
I highly suggest reading Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading by Alexander Elder. You can purchase the book here.
Read more of our trading book reviews.